Keeping Tummies Happy
When digestive support is needed, it is NEEDED!! And sometimes, it’s needed urgently. I’d like to introduce you to my friend in all kinds of trouble, from simply eating a little too much dairy, too many sugary treats (especially during the holidays), to helping a child through discomfort, to actively coming in for the assist when things have gone south (if you get my drift!). Maybe you’re traveling on winding roads and eating foods that you’re not accustomed to; believe me, if you’re headed out on a short road trip, a cruise, or an international trip, this is one bottle to have in your purse or carry-on luggage at all times!
Digize Vitality is of my favorite oil blends to help encourage my digestive system to get itself together. This is a blend of essential oils that comes in your Premium Starter Kit, and is comprised of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, and Patchouli.
There are two different bottles of Digize available- one with a solid, dark red, label, and one with the Vitality label. They contain the exact same oil, but a solid-color label contains instructions for aromatic/topical use, and a white vitality labeled oil is for internal use.
Here are a couple easy and effective ways to use DiGize Vitality and Digize essential oil blend.
- Use DiGize Vitality in a gel capsule (1 drop per 4 drops of carrier oil). You can also add a single drop to a shot glass of water and shoot it back (follow with a glass of water).
- *I* don’t mind the taste of Digize Vitality, so I either put a couple of drops in a glass of water (add a drop of Peppermint Vitality as well if you’d like), or use two drops directly under my tongue.
If you happen to have the solid red-label DiGize on hand, here are a few tips for that as well:
- Apply DiGize over your stomach area or lower abdomen in a clockwise direction – which is the direction of digestion. The aroma provides a calming effect.
- Rub DiGize over the center of your left foot, over the reflex point for the stomach. You can put socks over it to mask the smell, if it’s one you don’t care for, and then it’s far away from your face. If you don’t want it on your hands, I recommend putting a roller cap on your bottle.
There are Vitaflex techniques that can be used as well to help to stimulate the bowels and colon to move properly. (You’ll want to either attend a C.A.R.E. training to learn those tips and tricks, or find a C.A.R.E. student who is working on her practicum to teach you!)
For the littles in your life, there is a similar oil in the KidScents line called TummyGize. These oils are created for children and are prediluted so that they can be applied safely directly to the skin without irritation. It’s also a little milder, and more minty and sweeter smelling than regular DiGize, and for that reason, many adults like it as well.
TummyGize is a blend of Spearmint, Peppermint, Tangerine, Fennel, Ginger, and Cardamom. You can use it just like DiGize, by rubbing on the stomach, abdomen, or soles of the feet (especially the left foot)
Other measures to help your tummy stay happy:
- Make sure to take a good probiotic. This is vitally important to keeping your immune system strong. (Young Living offers Life 9 for adults or MightyPro for kids.)
- Take digestive enzymes with every meal, or before your two biggest meals of the day, to help prevent feelings of discomfort and to assist your body to break down the food you eat so that you make the most of the nutrients therein (and also to keep things moving regularly!). I recommend one of YL’s enzyme supplements, such as Essentialzymes-4, or KidScents MightyZymes for the littles.
- Stay hydrated! Make hydration a priority, and add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt to each glass of water to help your body to absorb water and to replace minerals that are heavily depleted during the course of the day.
- Keep a supplement such as Alkalime handy.
- AVOID SUGAR!!!!!!! Especially if the cause of the upset stomach is a viral issue, you absolutely want to avoid sugar (so as not to paralyze the immune system) and encourage yourself or your child to sip on water (or ice chips with vitality oils if you desire) or Alkalime.
The information presented is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, cure, prevent, or treat any health condition and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with a professional health care provider. This information applies solely to Young Living products and should not be used in conjunction with other brands of essential oils. The opinions and views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Young Living.