Laundry Room Make-Over
Laundry is a fact of life, and one of the most important areas of your home to make some big product changes. Commercial laundry soaps are full of fragrance, optical brighteners, endocrine disruptors, and all manner of things that mess with our health. In fact, it’s laundry detergents are headliners of the EPA’s Top Ten Household Killers list.
So why not use your Essential Rewards order to give your laundry routine a Young Living make-over? Add the following items to your Essential Rewards cart, and then use the recipes listed to make your laundry soap stretch and your clothes smell amazing!
Laundry Room Line-Up:
**DIGize: The Stain Fighter…DiGize is enzymatic and works wonders on food stains, sweat stains, pet, & urine odors. Leave a wet load of clothes in the washer overnight? No problem: add 4 drops of DiGize to your liquid soap dispenser, and run a rinse cycle.
**Lemon: The Brightener – awesome for whites
**Lemongrass: The Closer – add to bedding & laundry whenever you’re concerned about unwanted germs hitching a ride and making the rounds in your home.
Amped-up Thieves Laundry Soap recipe —Boosted laundry soap that lasts and lasts!
- 16oz Thieves Laundry Soap (half the bottle)
- 3 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate
- YLEOs, (15 drops each): DiGize, Lemon,
- Optional YLEOs (10 drops each): Tea Tree, Lemongrass, Citrus Fresh
- 8 cups HOT water
- Container: Gallon iced tea jar with spout, or look for 32 oz glass jars with pump dispensers
- In a gallon container, add Thieves Laundry soap, Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate, 15 drops each DiGize and Lemon essential oils (add others if available/desired), and 8 cups hot water. Mix well. Transfer to desired containers for storage and use.
- Regular loads: 1 Tbsp
- Extra Large or heavily soiled loads: 2 Tbsp
- Pre-treat stains by scrubbing a small amount into the fabric with a small brush or toothbrush
- Travel tip: a 15ml essential oil bottle will hold one load’s worth of laundry soap!
Thieves Whites Booster
- In a large jar or empty Ningxia bottle, combine:
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 2 capfuls Thieves Household Cleaner
- 2 T. Lemon juice
- 10 drops Orange or Lemon essential oil
- 3 cups water
To use: Shake well before use and add 1/4-1/2 cup to your liquid soap dispenser
Thieves on-the-go stain stick
Keep a stain stick handy in your purse and in your laundry room to easily treat clothing stains on the go or prior to washing.
- 10ml roller ball or recycle an empty 15ml essential oil bottle with an AromaGlide roller fitment (available in a 10 pack from Young Living!)
- 5 drops each DiGize and Lemon essential oils.
- 1/2 capful Thieves Household Cleaner
- 2 drops Thieves Dish Soap
Wool Dryer balls
- Essential Oil suggestions: Lemongrass, Citronella, Orange, Lavender, Geranium, Eucalyptus, or Citrus Fresh
For great smelling clothes fresh from the dryer, swap out fabric softener/dryer sheets for wool dryer balls and essential oils! Place 2-3 drops of your essential oils of choice onto your dryer balls. For best results, add dryer balls to the end of a dryer cycle for 5 to 10 minutes on low or no heat. Also a great way to freshen up linens & towels.
- Alternatively, keep a package of Seedlings Baby Wipes in your laundry room bag of tricks, and toss one in with your dryer load.
Check out the other posts in the “Thieves Up Your Life” series here:
- Staying Well with Thieves
- Ditch & Switch Extravaganza
- Laundry Room Make-Over
- Say Ahh! – Thieves Oral Care
The information presented is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, cure, prevent, or treat any health condition and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with a professional health care provider. This information applies solely to Young Living products and should not be used in conjunction with other brands of essential oils. The opinions and views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Young Living.