Making the Most of your Welcome Home Starter Kit
🏡 February is here and so is this month’s exclusive Welcome Home Starter Kit from Young Living! Dive into the oily life with a collection of member favorites.
Make the most of the oils in your Welcome Home Starter Kit with some of these usage ideas! Use them topically or grab the super cute and compact Sweet Aroma diffuser from Young Living – perfect for a small space, such as your office, breakfast nook, or a bathroom counter.
- For your skin, for your brain, for your happy, for your sad. Frank here is like a good friend who never leaves you hanging.
- Add a few drops to your skin care moisturizing routine to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rub two drops in your hand and inhale deeply to encourage your mind to step up to the challenge and engage with the task at hand. Then run your hands through your hair to leave that aroma right where you need it for the rest of the afternoon.
- The “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils, this little purple bottle is may look small, but she’s mighty!
- Need the kids to wind down for the evening? Make a linen spray with 4oz of water + 7-10 drops of Lavender essential oil, and spritz all the pillows.
- Add 4-6 drops to a warm bath with Epsom salts as part of a relaxing evening routine.
- Apply to skin to bring sweet comfort to the aftermath of a bug’s picnic.
- Diffuse beside your bed for a quiet night of restful sleep.
- Wake up call!! Diffuse Peppermint (and Lemon!) in the morning to get your mental engines revving in the morning. By the time you leave for work, you’ll be full of ideas and ready to take on the day. Or, leave the bottle open in your vehicle on those late night road trips to help your driver to stay alert behind the wheel.
- Dilute and apply Peppermint to the muscles after exercising to quiet them down.
- Dilute and apply Peppermint to the abdomen to encourage normal digestion.
- Diffuse the situation: wear Valor on your wrists and neck as your personal cologne or perfume. Bravery in a bottle with a sweet aroma to continually remind you that you’ve got this!
- Apply to the soles of your feet for grounded, balanced feeling. And hey, do you have a noisy bed mate? Apply a couple drops to the big toes and see what happens – or doesn’t happen!
Citrus oils are just so….happy! No better way to chase away those February winter weather blues than with a bright spot of sunshine right inside your home! Did you know that citrus oils are cold pressed from the rind of the fruit? Next time you peel a lemon or a grapefruit, squeeze the thick outer layer between your fingers and note the beads of essential oils that appear on the inside of the rind!
☀️ Please be aware that citrus oils are photosensitive and direct exposure to sunlight or UV rays should be avoided for up to 12 hours after applying to the skin. For best results, apply topically as part of your bedtime beauty care routine and use a carrier oil.
🧡 Grapefruit essential oil –
- May support the appearance of healthy skin. Add to your nighttime moisturizer, or dilute with a carrier oil and massage over areas of skin to tone up and to reduce the appearance of stretched skin.
- Inhale a few drops of grapefruit essential oil to help uplift and balance your mood and to ease through the rest of your day.
🍋 Lemon essential oil
- Add several drops to your laundry for fresh, bright whites.
- Make a lemon spritzer (4oz distilled water + 7-10 drops of Lemon) and lightly spray guest towels & linens before their arrival.
- Diffuse lemon essential oil in your kitchen for a fresh, clean aroma.
- Looking for some natural hair highlights? Mix a few drops of lemon with a small amount of carrier oil and massage it through your hair before sunbathing, and let those rays do the work. Take care not to apply directly to the skin prior to sun exposure.
💚 Lime essential oil –
- Take yourself back to a tropical retreat on the beach by diffusing Lime essential oil in your office while you’re preparing for that high stress meeting. Even better, leave it diffusing while you rock that presentation with all the cool of a cucumber. Lime is well known for encouraging creativity and mental clarity.
- Lime essential oil provides antioxidants to the skin, which may reduce dark spots due to aging.
- Lime can help to maintain happy respiratory function and gives your immune system a kick, as well as stimulates healthy digestion.
- Tangerine essential oil is a powerhouse of the important antioxidant, d-limonene, which is known throughout the healthcare world for its amazing benefits.
- Put some pep in your step and create a happy, uplifting atmosphere by diffusing Tangerine on its own or blended with any of the other citrus oils in your Welcome Home Starter Kit!
The information presented is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, cure, prevent, or treat any health condition and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with a professional health care provider. This information applies solely to Young Living products and should not be used in conjunction with other brands of essential oils. The opinions and views expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Young Living.